Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I was good....

...I was almost on him... almost. I was laying over him, I had a leg over him, but I obeyed the doctor, kinda, and didn't actually swing that leg over and climb all the way on. It was SOOOO tempting though.

Afterward I wanted to get some pictures of him moving.


"Come on mom, let's get this crap done and over with!"

Photobucket

WHEEEE! (this was as feisty as he got, a head toss, lol.)

Photobucket

trit trot off we go...

Photobucket


"I'll canter, but I am putting as little energy as possible into it."

Photobucket


He was a VERY good boy. No trying to quickly reverse directions, no fussing or anything. I ran him around with the bareback on tightened up nice and snug after I climbed all over him (the saddle hurts to lay over. You can see my bareback on the ground outside my flimsy round pen in that last picture, lol). the most he did was toss his head like he was annoyed when I was sending him around toward my right. he really doesn't like going that direction as much as going toward my left.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that Draft mentality.... Rosie still thinks she can take me lawn surfing. Doesn't try it as much as she used to but every once in a while when she's tired she'll just drop that head and away she goes. After the first week I started putting a chain shank over her nose and things have gotten much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the stinkers know they have the weight to put into it if they want to, lol.

    ReplyDelete