Thursday, August 5, 2010

Please help me identify this plant!

Tsu was out dragging the path out back with his quad and the harrow and i went back to see how it was looking. It will make taking the herd of goats out back much nicer, no more being filled with burrs because I can stay on the path while they explore. Anyway, I was on top of one of the hills and to one side I noticed these long skinny seed pods on this plant. I'd never seen anything like it before. The seed pods are very skinny and long and most are attached at the end. They had some kind of bugs on the ends of some branches. I found three of these plants then walked a good portion of the rest of trail and didn't find any more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So, does anyone know what these are? Or have an idea of who I could ask to find out? I am super curious to find out.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that is Dogbane also known as Indian Hemp. It's highly poisonous to ingest to humans, no clue about animals.

    http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/cordage/dogbane/index.html

    ReplyDelete