Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bye bye, ladies!

Well, Rosemary and Thyme got their test results back and as expected they tested negative for CL so they get to go to their new home. I will miss them but gosh were they ever good goats for me. They did just exactly what I needed them to do when I needed them to do it, they put up with me when I was weird and a bumbling newbie, and they gave me a chance to see where I wanted to head with this whole "goat" thing.

It's hard to see them go, Rosemary has always been my favorite. But I know she will be happy where she is going, and I have Sage and Ivy to comfort me, lol. In no time at all Sage will be ready to give me those kids and hopefully a month or so later Ivy will be up to weight to breed the first time. She only needs about 10 pounds so I don't think that will be a problem.

So Bye Bye, Rosemary and Thyme. Good luck, have fun, and be good girls!

Their first day home:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rosemary and Chickory, her first kid and mine!

Photobucket

The girls, showing me some love:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment