Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! And some of my plans for this blog.

Hurray, it's 2009.

It's a whole new year! Which, from the looks of things, is going to be an very interesting year indeed. Personally I prefer living in boring times to living in interesting ones, but that is just me. And I have to admit, some of the changes going on in the world at large are interesting and exciting.

Love him or hate him, Obama as our next president is history making in many ways. The roller coaster ride of our economy is like a mix between a horror show and a dark comedy. The Middle East as a whole is a powder keg just waiting to explode (like it has been for thousands of years but now we can be right in the middle of it and get live updates as it happens). The price of everything seems to be skyrocketing while income tanks and businesses fail and the government seems intent on bailing out everyone but the common middle class or lower folks whose spending actually drives the economy and whose tax dollars will be PAYING for the bail outs.

No matter HOW you feel about all of these things you have to admit, it is a pretty interesting time to be alive.

I'd love it if it was a little bit LESS interesting. Hehe.

So, what does that have to do with me, and this blog? Well, let me explain... sometimes when the bigger world outside your door gets crazy it helps to spend some time doing something you love, and working towards a goal for yourself. That is what I am doing and that is part of what this blog is designed to do. Hopefully it will generate a little income thanks to my kind advertisers, but more importantly it will be a place for me to track my progress and keep my ideas foremost in my mind.

One thing that I need to do in order to help my goals become a reality is... get readers. Yes, I am going to be honest here. I want folks to read my blog, and I want them to keep coming back. In order to achieve this I am going to have a few different things going on.

The first of which will be a monthly give away! Each month will be something different, and the way you enter will change from month to month. The second thing will be a weekly advice post. I will post the details on each of these in their own post when I am ready. So spread the word, and watch this page for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment