Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knitting with my hand made yarn, knit gifts, and meeting new "friends"

First, this song has been stuck in my head all week:

Wind of Change, Scorpions

I started my hat with my plyed handspun yarn. It's going to be my heavy winter hat, and heavy it is. So far I like it. I was knitting it on my size 8 wooden double pointed needles to start. But the yarn is intentionally chunky and I wanted something bigger... I just didn't have anything bigger for knitting in the round.


Then a friend from a small private forum I go to sent me some left over yarn and some circular needles she had sitting around and one of the circulars was the perfect size! HUZZAH!!! So I knit it off the dpn's onto the size 11 circular.

I'll post pictures when it is done.

The yarn she sent is multicoloured, three different colorways. One is camo, that looks super fun, I might try a big project with that. The others are blue and brown (that one is super soft and will probably be socks) and earthtones, not sure what I'm going to do with that. maybe a matching sweater vest for me and dog coat for nigel. lol. I actually used to have some yarn the same colour as the earthtones and I used it in crafts because i liked the colours.

Yesterday I took Sparrow over to paddock 2 so he and Brego could chat a bit and get acquainted. They will spend some time next door to each other for a while before they get to share a paddock. I missed the first part of the reaction, but I did get this part:



Before that he took one look at Sparrow, spun on his heels, and hid behind the barn! LOL! Excuse the video quality, I took that on my digital still camera. :-D Shortly after this they both just started to munch their breakfast. I think they will be great friends once Brego realizes Sparrow isn't some mutant hellspawn come to eat him alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment