Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No, I will NOT "cowboy up".

Let me make this plain, I am not into Western wear. I'm not into cowboy stuff.

I KNOW! It's hard to believe, isn't it? If you are in to horses you just MUST be into cowboy stuff, right? RIGHT??

*sigh*

Listen, I appreciate the thought. Really I do. I even have a cute cowboy boot candle that I like, and a neat picture of a cowboy and his dog letting his horse drink out of his hat... but please. PLEASE. No. More. Cowboy. Stuff. Nothing decorated with brands, no more decor with big roweled spurs or lariats or bits with ports higher than my thumb is long or things covered in silver conchos and hair on cowhide.

I mean, please don't think I don't appreciate the thought. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, really, but... It has been 24 years since my butt touched a Western saddle. I've NEVER been interested in "western" breeds. I know this is a hard concept to grasp even though I have said it over and over and over since I was 15... but I like horses. Unless it is Sam Elliot on the horse... I can do without the cowboy.

Please do not be offended if I NEVER wear the t shirt with the close up of the cowboy rears that say, "cowboy butts drive me nuts". Please do not be offended if I prefer not to wear the hat that says "I'm a little bit country" and has a bucking bull on the front.


Also, I know I loved glittery unicorns and pegusi when I was 12, but... no. Enough. No cowboys, no unicorns, no glitter or fairies or rodeo stuff. I'm out of places to stash them where I don't have to look at them all the time.

1 comment: