Friday, March 6, 2009

I can smell again!

And I can smell things other than skunk, even!!

But now I think I am coming down with the flu which my husband has had most of this week. Yay.

And by "yay" I actually mean "BOOOOO!!!!"

Yesterday I stuffed my boots, snowsuit, and all of the clothing items I had been wearing when I ran into the skunk into buckets and doused them with dish soap, laundry soap, baking soda, vinegar, and Skunk Out mixed with hot water. They are still sitting out there soaking. I was going to rinse them today and run them through the laundry but I ended up running to town while Tsu tried to sleep off this flu. I was feeling great. I'd been able to do some more poo clean up and because it was so warm I was out there in my tank top!!!

I'm getting low on hay and my truck can't get down our boggy driveway yet so I needed some beet pulp and alfalfa cubes to tide the ponies over for a week or two until things dry up a bit. Since Tsu was feeling puny I headed into town alone. It was kind of nice. I dawdled, hemmed and hawd, lookylooed. After I got the feed and looked at cob sized horse tack at the Tractor Supply I decided I might as well go over to the fabric and craft store and see if they had any good yarns or knitting supplies. I got some sock needles, this funky yarn cutting pendent, a corset pattern (on sale for only $1.99!!!!) and replaced my Gypsy Costume pattern with one in the proper size.

I must have spent an hour just wandering around aimlessly, lol. You know, shopping alone is kind of.... nice.

Then I stopped on the way home and picked up some freshly made stromboli for my lunch, swung by the library to pick up a book I had requested, then finally headed home.

While I was at Tractor Supply they were having a sale on knee high rubber muck boots. Considering the current questionable state of my barn boots i grabbed a pair of those.

Then, as I headed home, I got a little stinging sensation in my throat, up high. I tried to convince myself it was just because I was singing along with the oldies station so loud ("HONEY!!!! AWWWW SUGAR SUGAR! You are my CANDYYY GIIIIRRRLLLLL and you got me WANTING YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!") but within the hour I was starting to get a tickle, then a slight dry cough, then chills and aches and a dab of sinus pressure and drainage.

Well, we had plans for this weekend but I have a really bad feeling our weekend plans will involve both of us huddled up on the couch groaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment