Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yesterday, a mini road trip.

Yesterday morning I did my chores and then decided to try a new skill in knitting... cables. These have always baffled me, and look so complicated to do. Once I saw a video (on www.knittinghelp.com) I decided to give it a try in a test swatch and to be honest it was pretty easy!

Photobucket


Nect I want to try some stuff with colours. maybe intarsia or something.

Later in the day we went on a little road trip to Port Huron with my in laws. We were hoping to catch some ice still in the river but it was already all melted. It was beautiful anyway. We got to see the bridge and the river and a few fishing and speed boats.

Photobucket

The water currents there are all weird and swirly.

Photobucket

The wild ducks didn't seem to mind that it was cold.

Photobucket

This little couple was adorable. She-duck had a bum foot and was limping but they were very cute together. We gave them a few old french fries. He-duck has the prettiest colour on his head, it changed from black to green to blue depending on the angle the light hit it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


The we drove down to the park that is on the lake instead of on the river... and walked out on the beach where I filled my pockets with rocks as I have been known to do since my early childhood.

Photobucket

We also got to see the lighthouse which is right next to the beach and park.

Photobucket


It was a nice relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment