Thursday, April 29, 2010

NOMNOMNOM

Two of my three ponies approve of my activity yesterday. The other one is PISSSSSED at me!!

So I got about 30 temporary step in posts and made a much larger pasture out front. I had about a 50 x 50 foot that I moved around a LOT last year and it was a pain. So I enlarged it and I shouldn't have to move it much, then later when I get a path cleared around the edges i can put in more solid fence and just leave it up out there.

The thing is... Mary is grossly obese. So... the horses get a flake of hay in the morning to share, and another in the evening. Then the boys get to spend a few hours on grass (they have to slowly get used to the grass so they don't get a tummy ache) while Mary gets to... well... stay in the "diet" lot.

She is NOT happy.

Photobucket

"Hey, you JERK! Why can't I go out on the grass????"

Photobucket

The boys don't even have the decency to care:

Photobucket

Poor Mary over there starving to death and they are just happily stuffing their faces:

Photobucket

Sparrow doesn't seem to care at all:

Photobucket

Well, if you run around screaming long enough you WILL get someone's attention, but he isn't going to come help you:

Photobucket

he is just going to look at you like you lost your mind then go back to eating:

Photobucket

Oh, stop looking so pitiful, when you lose some weight you can go back out with them... sometimes...

Until then... here is a handful of grass...


"Seriously? THIS is what I get?"

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my. The lot of you are just soooo mean! You all need to be reported to the horsie police for cruel and unequine punishment!! It certainly is NOT her fault YOU think she is overweight, she is merely pleasingly plump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparrow looks adorable, Brego is filling out very nicely, he's looking very "big boy" ish, and Mary.. well.. Pissed is exactly the right word! Maybe all that running and screaming will help her little pork-highness!

    ReplyDelete