Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Festivus!!!

So... look, the full water tank!

Photobucket

The heater makes bubbles for some weird reason.

A picture of Mister Fish before the tank was filled:

Photobucket

I was killing time while Brego ate his lunch (I'll get to that soon) and fluffing the hay in the goat's stalls. I just leave the hay they won't eat for bedding and every other day I fluff it to let the goatberries fall to the bottom and to let it air out. I laid the Ladies table on it's side and moved it out from the wall some, this way they have some semi-enclosed areas to curl up in, for them and for the babies. That doesn't stop them from climbing on it. Please ignore the gross blue blanket. It was Sparrow's Blankie until he got bored of playing with it, now I gave it to the goats and they toss it around. It looks horrible but they have so much fun with it that I leave it in there. In the summer I hose it down now and then. Right now it is just jammed with hay and straw.

Photobucket

Sage's udder is twice the size it was just two weeks ago. YAY!!

Photobucket

Anyway, Brego's lunch... I've spent almost 2 years now trying to perfect an easy way to feed Brego without having him share it with Mary. It wasn't until recently that some folks online were talking about feedbags and it occurred to me that a feedbag could be the perfect solution. Well, it took me a month or two to earn enough cash through doing surveys to get one, but I got one! Last night he got his first meal in it. He was confused, and so were the other two little boogers. But he very quickly figured out that meant all the food was his and he COULDN'T share.

So breakfast today was his first regular meal in the bag, since last night I stood right there and made sure he didn't freak out with the bag on his face. But this morning I put it on him, then got hay, fed the goats, checked and filled everyone's water, and by then he was done and I took the bag off. But at lunch time Brego is the only one who gets anything, so I fed him, got some pictures, then went and hung out with the goats while he munched.

PICTURES!

Hey! What 'cha doing?

Photobucket

Can I have some?

Photobucket

HEY! What are you guys doing?

Photobucket

DANG IT!! I can't get in there!!

Photobucket

HAHAHA!!! The minis were SOOO ticked off!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It looks like the bag is going to work GREAT.

1 comment:

  1. Too fun! Those minis look so darn cute in their winter coats. I bet they were confused by that bag:)

    ReplyDelete