Saturday, January 15, 2011

And now I think we are done.

Yesterday Sage was clearly getting ready, I was up all night checking on her and she was obviously well on her way. She decided to wait until immediately after she ate breakfast to get down to business.

She had this one at around 9:15am. She just passed the placenta about 20 minutes ago. No more signs of labor so i guess this is it. I didn't get my girl. :-( But I did get three healthy boys and everyone made it through labor and delivery ok, which is the important thing.

I think I may keep Parsley a buck for another year and use him on Sage because I really really do want a doe from Parsley and Sage to keep. I guess we will see.

Sage did this 90% on her own, I just gave one little tug when she seemed to be having trouble getting his head past her pelvis. She took right to motherhood, and aside from me needing to clear her teats before the baby could get some milk she bonded and got to nursing him without any trouble.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments: