Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back to work, and a reply to Jen.

First, Jen, I could have sworn I replied to your comment and now I don't see it. i must have dreamed replying, hehe. That sounds awesome. I think I am going to let you have your other English saddle back now, I used it for a lot of work last summer and it came in super handy, so I really appreciate you letting me use it. But I think now between my Aussie and my Natural Ride I should be good to go and I'm not 100% sure of those other billets on that side where the one broke so i don't want to put too much stress on them.

Second, the timing of mid April would be fantastic. I am going to be starting Brego back in work this up coming week. That should give him almost a month of work on the long lines to refresh his memory before you come up.

So, speaking of back to work.... Brego is not going to be happy about this. lol. Starting monday come rain or shine he is back to work. Not only that but I'm going to be starting Parsley, my buck goat, in harness as well. *chuckle* I'm going to get a goat harness with some of our tax refund money. This should be fun.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you on that saddle, but I'm glad it got you through last season. If you don't mind I'll bring my all purpose up with me i've wonky legs and I've got the leathers set perfect to fit me. It's got the wide gullet in it, fits both Bonnie and Rosie so should fit the big guy.

    Hubby's only request is that 911 knows how to get to your place LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, not a problem, one of the local EMTs used to live next door. *chuckle*

    Honestly, I don't think we have anything to worry about, lol. I've never ever seen him buck, not even playing. Even when he "took off" on me and I "fell off" he never broke out of a trot, hahaha. The only reason I fell off (aside from the fact that I was riding on the only saddle I had at the time that would fit him which was a 12 inch kid's saddle, lol) was because my instinct was making me try to turn him and when he did turn I just slipped off into the middle of the turn. *chuckle*

    No problem using your saddle at all, I'm just excited to have someone who is horse savvy to give me a hand with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited too! Been a while since I've sat a real greenie but he's so damned laid back. I expect he'll probably scoot when I mount, and be all confused about forward and just plant himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, his normal MO is to plant, then scoot, then plant again. Then think about it. Then scoot. Then plant. Then do what I want him to do. lol. So far the "scoot" is the most dramatic thing he has ever done.

    ReplyDelete