Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yesterday....

... I walked around all day singing this song:



I hate to say this, because I loved the Bryan Adams version of the song, but I like this one better.

Anyway... I loaded up the car with 7 bags of returnable bottles. I've been on a rampage doing stuff I have wanted to do for years and I needed some paint to repaint the front door, and some post toppers so I can finish getting the fence ready for Brego. It took me an hour to turn in all the bottles, got over $30, whooo! And there are more bottles out there. hehehe.

Anyway, the bottle returns covered all but $3 of what I needed to buy yesterday. yay! Tsu is on Global Oncall this week and can't leave the house because he is glued to his computer 24/7. It SUCKS. They don't pay him enough for this crap, but at least 1) he has a job and 2) it is only one week out of every 11. So I went by myself. It was nice. Quiet. I was able to fart around and just chill.

So I finally got my curtains and got them up, instead of having none on some windows and old blankets on other windows.

Photobucket

Look at my mid-70 wood paneling! I hate to admit this but I actually LOVE it, lol! The ceiling, however, I hate (and don't get me started on those obnoxious wires hanging there. *sigh* They look so nasty.):

Photobucket

Then I got started on the floor. I was going to put in linoleum but i just haven't been able to find any I like. What I wanted was to have it look like the floor in the hay loft of the barn at the first horse farm I ever worked at. So I decided to do some experimenting with finishes and I discovered that Minwax Dark Walnut and paste wax give me the look I like (this is not waxed yet, though. I am doing the floor one square of wood at a time so I don't have to haul everything out of the room):

Photobucket

In the corner you can see some of the unfinished wood. It's just plywood. But with the finish I like it, it's rustic. And if the dog's nails scratch it I can just restain it and it just adds to the "distressed" look. I know, I'm a hick, but i actually LIKE it and since I am the one who has to look at it and I am the only one who CARES that is what matters. lol. I'm going to need to see if anyone will loan me one of those small hand buffing wheels when I get serious about waxing it.

Then the front door. Piece of crap front door. It has been hideous since I bought the place. It had been painted and the paint was chipping off and was all gross. I painted it once and just made it worse, I think. So after i had been sanding some rough edges off the floor I decided to start sanding the front door. I got obsessed.

By the end of the day I had sanded the packing out of it and painted it with some primer I had left over from the front room floor. yesterday I put two coats of white paint on it, applied with a roller. The slight texture hides the fact that even after sanding the door is lumpy. This was after one coat, it looks even better with the second coat on:

Photobucket


THEN I got the temporary divider fence replaced with real posts, got the t-post caps put in on all the posts, added a gate in the side paddock so I can get in and out without going through the barn lot (I'm going to start numbering the paddocks, naming them is getting confusing).

I moved the temporary posts out to replace missing posts around the old paddock I am rebuilding so I can put the minis in there until Brego has time to settle in.

This is the back paddock:

Photobucket

Yeah, the run in roof got blown off last year. I haven't used this paddock in about 6 years so it is a mess. But I've cleared out everything dangerous and pulled down most of the old wire. I'll be restringing wire on that this weekend and moving them out there.

I think I am nesting, like a pregnant woman when she is almost ready to have her baby. lol.

I also got Brego one of those feed buckets you can hang on a fence rail. In the barn we have wooden railing and since Marsha said he is a slow eater I think I can hang it high enough for him to eat out of it but so that the minis can not get into it. That way if they work out being pastured together he can still get his munch on as slow as he wants to without having to be locked into a stall. If he doesn't do so hot with the minis it won't matter, but the feeder was on sale for $9 and I couldn't resist buying something for my baby boy while I was at TSC!

Oh holy moses, I've typed a book. lol. I better go find some breakfast and get to work on the back paddock (paddock 3, I guess, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment