Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So what have I been doing with my horse?

Forgetting to take my camera out when I work him for one thing. *dur*

I added ANOTHER dividing fence to make the work area smaller so I could long line him instead of ride/longe him. Today I longed him in the smaller area (about 60 feet by 80 feet) then put the long lines on him and worked on our whoa. He is getting it slowly but surely and he can't really pull any foolishness in this area. I'm quite pleased. And the side rein lesson seems to have worked, NO head tossing at all!


He is nice and forward, and doesn't take much work to get him to slow down/whoa. OK he is better on the slow down then he is on the whoa, but he is getting it, lol.

I got him a bit. His first brand new baby bit. It is a baby blue korsteel happy mouth bit, peppermint flavored. Like this, but with a baby blue mouth piece:



Under $10 on ebay. Can't beat that with a big stick.

I'm not ready to put a bit in his mouth but it is only a matter of time and this one looks really comfy for him.

When I work him tomorrow I need to take the camera.

4 comments:

  1. Is it stupid that I find it hilarious that one of the google ads on the right was for bing.com, the competing search engine from MS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I noticed that day before yesterday and CRACKED UP! Bing.com advertising on Google Ads... *shakes head laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realize that "whoa" is such an important command! hahahahaha. Suggestion. Every time you stop while leading him say "whoa". Just a thought to get his brain to relate the word to the action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JeniQ said...

    "You do realize that "whoa" is such an important command! hahahahaha. Suggestion. Every time you stop while leading him say "whoa". Just a thought to get his brain to relate the word to the action."

    yup, do that. He is getting it, he knows what it means, he still just takes a minute to decide whether or not it is what he wants to do, lol.

    ReplyDelete